Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Museum Trip - before the New Year!

30th December 2009 - my sister and I decided to take Al for a short trip to Sarawak Museum. Al is a HUGE fan of Night @ the Museum - he loves the dinasour skeleton which comes alive in the movie. He called it C-show! I wanted to take him strolling round the shopping malls but my sister said a visit to the Museum will be better - less crowded! Dad agreed and said that we should take him to see the skeletons of the killer whale which is exhibited at Sarawak Museum...at the Museum of Ethnology to be exact.



So off we went ..The parking space at the old museum is so limited -so we parked at the new wing (Tun Abdul Razak's Hall) which is across the street from the Museum of Ethnology...but there is an overhead brigde that  link the two area. Even the crossing the bridge was fun coz the three of us were taking photos, running round and watching the traffic below ...hehehehe

I only use my mobile phone's camera inside the museum ..the signpost said that using camera is ok provided you have the permission ...so, excuse my blurry pictures.



 

the result: Al is actually SCARED of the skeleton ...he was trembling!!! Perhaps he thought the skeleton would come to live like that in the movie ..hehehe ...and he was also a bit wary around other stuffs, especially the carvings and so on ...



but what he loves most is the Bilik Raja Berani and Bilik Bujang Berani - the model of Iban's longhouse. He was right at home there. In fact, the three of us went to that section TWICE that afternoon.



 
After that we visited the City Aquarium - located next to the Museum. I covered this in my other blog ..he loves the fishes there ..so, we really had a great time! Tiring, but FUN ..the last pic were taken in front of this burial pole (orang ulu's burial pole if I am not mistaken) ...


No comments: