Saturday, January 23, 2010

Feeding & baby's food

A collection of adik's photos ...taken last week when I was babysitting. Now my mum trusted me enough to let me feed adik...whereas before, she wouldn't allow me to feed him, up to the extend that she would only go out after adik is bathed & fed ....




Adik loves porriadge ...not the McD porridge like Al but mum's homecooked porridge ...it is quite tasteless really (I tried it a few times myself!) ...apparently, adik's porridge is without salt ..we were advised by the nurses not to put an salt in adik's porridge ...and I read similar advice in parenting magazines and websites ..it is due to the fact that a baby's system cannot absorb salt properly at their age ..so, parents or care-givers have to resort to other measures to make the plain porridge taste better!

One way is by adding vegetables (like spinach, pumpkins, carrots, broccolli, potatoes) - mashed; blended with the plain rice porridge; or adding an egg (well mixed) or just plain dried anchiovies (ikan bilis garing yang ditumbuk halus). All these are supposed to add flavour to the otherwise plain porridge ...and mum thinks that this would also encourages the baby to eat vegetables! Adik's favourite veges are carrots and spinach ....

But now that Adik is over a year old ...and has a number of teeth, his rice porridge is no longer blended ...but it still needs to be very soft ...so that it is easy to digest...

2 comments:

Liz Duan said...

ejin...angah is besides me asking.."aunty ejin tak pernah tengok rainbow ke?" kah...kah..kah...a cute one!

Ejin said...

kah kah kah ...lawak le angah nie!